12 Haziran 2013 Çarşamba

Rowing (2nd semester)

Rowing is a sport that many still do not know.It is generally mistaken for canoeing.But after this journal,you will probably understand what kind of sport rowing is. To begin with history, it goes back to 16th century. First rowing race is said to take place at Thames River in England in 16th century. 
I was first introduced by rowing 5 years ago and I dealt with it for 2.5 years. It actually was really tiring and demanding to dealt with it. There were training hours twice a day,which is hard to follow everyday.However, it contributed a lot  psychologically and physically. Before talking about these advantages,let me introduce you to rowing as a sport. In rowing, the person on the boat drives it considerably by the strength of legs. At this point, arms have active role in collimating and also total strength shown by the person. Balance is another important point in rowing. The boat on which you stand is really light and small in size so you must set such a powerful balance that it can not sink with any move. Boats can be for one,two,four and eight people and each boat can have different features compared to the others. 
As for advantages, it contributed a lot in terms of psychological and physical aspects. Thanks to exercises that are scheduled by the trainer,I used to have more systematical life style. That is to say, as I did not want to miss any exercise, I used to plan everything in advance. Psychically, it shaped my body and made me more durable against the diseases due to healthy life it provided me.
In spite of challenges such as tiredness, it was really nice to deal with such sport :)

1 yorum:

  1. Hi Demet,
    I liked the way you explain what the rowing is. It's quite informative and very interesting topic. That you've given some examples from your own life is very effective. When it comes to my grammatical and organizational examination, you've done great job except for some little mistakes. In the para.1, you can use "take place ON Thames River" instead of "at". It seems more appropriate to me. You should use a prepositional phrase after you contstruct a sentence with "There was, were, etc."
    Otherwise, I liked your word choices very much. Terms usings such as "as for", reductions, etc. are quite organized and make someone enjoy, and make the writing flow smoothly. In brief, you've done good job with this writing. +1

    YanıtlaSil